Action Needed: Adjust V1 APIs for MultiCurrency
In order to support multiple currencies, several of our v1 APIs are changing. If you currently use any of the APIs listed below, you’ll need to make a few adjustments as soon as possible to ensure your connections don’t break. We are targeting a release during the first week of September 2019 so you will need to make these changes beforehand.
List of v1 APIs affected:
- API v1 Affiliate Campaign Performance Report
- API v1 Affiliate SubID Breakout Report
- API v1 Affiliate Creative Breakout Report
- API v1 Affiliate Daily Breakout Report
- API v1 Affiliate Creatives
- API v1 Affiliate MyOffers
- API v1 Partner Campaign Performance Report
- API v1 Partner Affiliate Performance Report
- API v1 Partner SubID Performance Report
- API v1 Partner Creative Breakout Report
- API v1 Partner Affiliates by Campaign Report
- API v1 Partner Campaign by Affiliates Report
- API v1 Partner Daily Breakout Report
- API v1 Partner Affiliate Manager Performance Report
- API v1 Partner Merchant Performance Report
- API v1 Partner Affiliate Commissions Report
- API v1 Partner Advertised Campaigns
- API v1 Partner Transaction Details
These APIs will now include a new 'Currency' value. It is a 3-letter ISO currency code (USD, EUR, GBP, etc.) which will show up in the API results. This value will generally occur in conjunction with report rows identifying a single campaign’s details. See the below screenshot as an example of the added value:
Please make any appropriate changes to account for the new value being pulled. Contact email@example.com with questions!
VERSION 2 APIs
Version 2 APIs are not affected the same as version 1 APIs. The APIs will not break if you do not use the 'Currency' parameter. If the Currency type isn’t specified it will use your account’s default currency. At present, most accounts default to USD (US Dollar).*
Some things to keep in mind:
- When using an API to create a campaign if the currency isn’t specified, the account’s *default currency will be used.
- The currency type can only be changed if the campaign has never been moved from 'Testing' to either 'Private Live' or 'Public Live' Status.
Here is a list of the Version 2 APIs that are being updated and adjusted to include MultiCurrency.
- API v2 Affiliate Product Data Feed API
- API v2 Affiliate Transaction Details API
- API v2 Partner Campaign Listing API
- API v2 Partner Campaign Manager Performance Report API
- API v2 Partner Channel Breakout By Campaign API
- API v2 Partner Channel Breakout By Merchant API
- API v2 Partner Channel Performance API
- API v2 Partner Create Campaigns API
- API v2 Partner Edit Campaigns API
- API v2 Partner Get All Products API
- API v2 Partner Product Data Feed Analytic Report API
Need help with this feature or have questions? You can contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org